01/12/2016: JOB OPENING: Overseas Voter Registration Staff
San Francisco, 1 December 2016 – The Philippine Consulate General is pleased to announce that the voter registration period for the 2019 Philippine National Elections will commence on 01 December 2016 and end on 30 September 2018.
In its efforts to reach out and efficiently serve all Filipinos within its ten-state jurisdiction, the Consulate General, in partnership with the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) is in need of two (2) motivated individuals to serve as Overseas Voter Registration staff. The positions are project-based, and renewable periodically until the end of the registration period.
Following are the positions’ duties and responsibilities:
- Disseminating information and promoting activities regarding overseas voter registration and the subsequent election;
- Encoding names and registration details of Filipino citizens;
- Answering public queries regarding overseas voter registration and election;
- Performing administrative tasks related to overseas voter registration and election; and
- Assisting in other tasks related to overseas registration and voting.
Individuals who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Filipino language skill an advantage
- Has completed a college degree in any field
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Possesses good customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Amenable to travel across multiple states
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum vitae with recent 2x2 picture
- Cover letter stating why you are suitable for the position
- Copy of any valid government-issued ID
Interviews will be set to assess the applicants' qualifications and discuss responsibilities and remuneration. For more information on Overseas Voting Registration, please visit the Consulate General’s website philippinessanfrancisco.org. END.